Boston Lettuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nick made me the most AMAZING salad for dinner last night (yes,a salad really can be amazing haha) - and he'd bought boston lettuce. There were three heads of lettuce in the packet, and to my amazement (never seen it before) they each had their roots and all....so I used all the lettuce, and kept some stalks on the roots to stick out the ground, and I planted them in the pots where the bouganvilla is (I can never spell that right!). HOW EXCITING!!! So we are now growing lettuce for T, hopefully it works out hahahaha. It is chemical/pesticide free, the pots and the lettuce, so all good! Just had to share that, Im so chuffed with our new "plants" hehe

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The lettuce and stuff that is sold in store with roots attached is usually organic or hydroponically grown. Not 100% but that is the way it usually is.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Good luck with that Stace, I planted basil like that and it is till growing. Lettuce I don't know if it will work but my fingers are crossed.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yeah it said on the pack organic and hydroponically grown right here in the UAE !!!! :) Yay for us!

Lol we'll have to see....Im not even sure if I have a greenfinger or not....but I guess we will see hahahaha. Thanks Robs

Stazz

5 Year Member
LOL Isa....my lettuce are already dead ! I don't think this weather here in Dubai is meant for things like lettuce to grow hahaha. Oh well !!! :p Best go buy some nice plants for Tallula that survive in this heat haha

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
LOL Isa....my lettuce are already dead ! I don't think this weather here in Dubai is meant for things like lettuce to grow hahaha. Oh well !!! :p Best go buy some nice plants for Tallula that survive in this heat haha

Sorry to hear it did not work Stace. I am sure Tallula will be as happy with the plants :D

Madortoise

5 Year Member
You can't feed it to torts but green onions can be planted that way very easily. Good luck next time, Stace.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks Mado, I'm gonna try that !!!!! Nick and I cook and use green onions with everything we make to eat hahaha, so would def come in handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.