"closed chamber" Is this an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
I was told that for Echo's indoor enclosure, the best thing would be to try and build or find a closed chamber to hold in heat and humidity. It was suggested to me to find a tv stand/entertainment center and convert it. So I wanted opinions on this stand and if it would work or not. I am new to this so not really sure on the wood or anything, but the dimensions are (LxWxH) 49.625 x 19.687 x 21.937. If i made a hole in the top for the lighting would this work as a closed chamber? It has sliding glass doors in the front. Mind you, the tv and stuff inside won't be there and if theres a shelf id take that out :)

Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 3.25.19 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I would try to find a good solid wood one if possible. I thought mine was solid wood ( the seller said it was) and it was super heavy, when I got home to take out the shelf I realized it wasn't. It still has help up very well tho so I have no complaints. I think the one you found will work great. You could probably find a nice used one tho for a fraction of the price.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think the tv stand will work. Just be sure to line it with plastic or do some water proofing of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.