Couple of heating questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustynail777

5 Year Member
Does anyone know where to find plastic stripping to cover a doghouse door? tried lowes,all they sold was dog doors for stupid high prices.
Is there anything else I can use like carpet cut in strips?

Also,I dont know weather to just use a ceramic heat bulb,or to go out and buy a kane heating pad with a reostat.
When you use a heat pad about how much of the fllor do you want to cover? all of it,half of it or just a small section?

Thanks for any help

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I just ordered a roll from pvcstrip.com, but you'r right, its very expensive. If you enter vinyl strip doors in the search engine, you come up with many, many places that sell it. The roll that I bought cost $180. But I know I'll use it all. I imagine you can improvise. The home improvement stores sell vinyl strip covers for the dog houses they sell. Maybe you could fit one of them to your doorway.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I bought a roll of floor runner vinyl in the carpet section at Home Depot or Lowes. It wasn't very expensive because it wasn't a full roll, but now I can't remember how much it cost (that was early last year).

chadk

10 Year Member!
I had some reptile carpet I wasn't using. Put a strip on the inside and one on the outside then cut slits that alternated on each side.

Clear vinyl is nice since you can get some light in if you don't have any. But then, you could also just have a light bulb on a timer.

rustynail777

5 Year Member
Found a cool place,stripdoorsonline.com pretty good prices too.

So how about the heating,should I get a heating pad that covers the whole floor? or just half.I plan on using a reostat so I can adjust the temps with a dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.