Favorite Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Was wondering what your Russians favorite foods are? Need some ideas to entice my new addition to eat.

I just adopted a female and she is underweight. She is 5" and weighs 389g. My male is also 5" and he is at 430g. when she pulls into her shell she can go really far in there, so she needs some fattening up.

She was being kept on Care Fresh bedding, no water, a black light bulb, no UVA/UVB, and she has nail polish all over her. :( Poor little thing is so scared of humans. While my male Steve will run all over the house begging for food. LOL

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I'm not sure my Russians really have a "favorite food" but it is sometimes a chore to get them to eat collards and kale. they seem to be more willing to eat escarole, chicory (endive), green/red leaf lettuce, spring mix...

flyingsqueak

5 Year Member
Mine's not a big eater yet. . .well, not usually. I put in two live coleus plants thinking that he'd just nibble on those whenever hungry after eating his normal mix. Wow was I wrong. He ate both plants, all in less than a day. Go over to thetortoisetable.org.uk and find a live plant that's safe to feed. I plan on growing a bunch of dandelion plants so he can have at least one live plant every week.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
My male will eat anything I give to him.

The new female has had a bit of spring mix today, which I loaded with Vitamin and calcium. All she does is lay under the MVB bulb with her eyes closed. Hope she perks up soon

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Komodo mixed fruit and flowers on a few salad leafs my Russian waffles that down very quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.