First time tort owner

Crystal1992

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hello all. I'm new to owning A tortoise. I just got mine yesterday and he seems to be getting comfortable. I'm going to be getting more enrichment for him like climbing rocks. At the moment it's a little basic. It's snowing outside so it's a bit chilly in the house so he's been under his light. His name is Tork the Tortasaurus (a two yr old helped with the name) any advice is welcome on making sure he's happy I did research but I like to hear from people with experience

15871386688456588158073240462203.jpg

Reactions: Ink
L

LasTortugasNinja

Congrats! Give him a nice long soak. If he seems hesitant on eating, I highly recommend sprinkling organic flower tea (sold in bulk at hippie grocery stores) on his food. My tort LOVES it!

Crystal1992

Ohio
Congrats! Give him a nice long soak. If he seems hesitant on eating, I highly recommend sprinkling organic flower tea (sold in bulk at hippie grocery stores) on his food. My tort LOVES it!
Thank you he ate pretty well yesterday I'm getting some better variety today I'll see if I can't the flower tea in my area

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome!

Add a little water to your substrate, then pat it down with your hand to make it less loose/dusty. Have you had time to read our care sheets:

Crystal1992

Ohio
Hi and welcome!

Add a little water to your substrate, then pat it down with your hand to make it less loose/dusty. Have you had time to read our care sheets:

Thank you I have read it and will be making some happy adjustments for him