Frankie's winter home.

Frankie the Sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Northern CA
It's been chilly here in Northern California (24F this morning), so Frankie has been staying in his insulated hut. The indoor temps range from 78F at night to 95F during the day. He also enjoys his heated mat (100F) on those chilly nights. During the day, I'll remove his sliding door and he visits the small outside area for pets and food. Once it warms in the late spring, he'll be back outside in his larger 30' x 30' outdoor run. For now, I affectionately refer to him as Kill-a-Watt, for he's a big-time electric consumer. :) Many years ago, he could be held in the palm of your hand, but not anymore.

Attachments

• DSC03086.JPG
    DSC03086.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • Frankie (3).jpg
    Frankie (3).jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Frankie and friend (2).jpg
    Frankie and friend (2).jpg
    272 KB · Views: 3
  • Baby Frankie.JPG
    Baby Frankie.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 3

zolasmum

5 Year Member
It's been chilly here in Northern California (24F this morning), so Frankie has been staying in his insulated hut. The indoor temps range from 78F at night to 95F during the day. He also enjoys his heated mat (100F) on those chilly nights. During the day, I'll remove his sliding door and he visits the small outside area for pets and food. Once it warms in the late spring, he'll be back outside in his larger 30' x 30' outdoor run. For now, I affectionately refer to him as Kill-a-Watt, for he's a big-time electric consumer. :) Many years ago, he could be held in the palm of your hand, but not anymore.
He looks great !
Angie