Happy Valentines Day to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhead

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio
My name is Christy. I'm living in San Antonio. I've researched for almost a year before bringing one home. I found a beautiful cherry head -to start with. Please look at the pictures and let me know if he/she is a cherry. Her legs look more orange than red. Her head also has a few orange spots on top. Her nose is bright red-like Rudolph...that's why we named her Rudy.
I have read that most cherry's hate direct sun, but she loves it. She lays directly under the UV bulb for at least 30 minutes a day. She also enjoys soaking in water (when I put her in it).
A few concerns:
1. She rarely comes out of the hide. She comes out to bask, then eat, and back in for the night. (I have only had her for 2 days) She is only visible for 45 minutes- 1 hour a day.
2. My temps range from 96 to 73 during the day. Her hide at night gets to a low of about 72. Is that ok? Humidity is never constant in the enclosure. I'm working on that. Her hide stays at about 88%. The enclose varies from 60-80%.
Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Attachments

• image-2549608138.png
    image-2549608138.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • image-1592277359.png
    image-1592277359.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Christy! What a beautiful tortoise.

Redhead

5 Year Member
San Antonio
Thanks! I absolutely love her. My husband says she's perfect for me because I'm a redhead. :)

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, looks like you did have a happy valentines day. rudy is so beautiful. very nice. sorry, i can't answer your questions, i have pancakes torts. . it took a few weeks for my cakes to show themselfs and not care about me. someone will be along to help you. good luck.

Redhead

5 Year Member
San Antonio
Thanks! I also posted under the redfoot section and everyone is very helpful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.