Hello tort lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

caknarr13

5 Year Member
I have been a member for about a year and haven't gotten around to introducing myself until now. I have four sulcatas, Spike age 3, Thor and Filbert age 1 and a new rescue named Mumford age 9. I love these torts and have done a ton of research on them. I also am a middle/ high school science teacher and use my torts as a learning tool. I focus on responsible care and the life long commitment it is to have any animal as a companion. It is not ownership, it is a relationship that is give and take. I believe that sulcatas give my students a real representation of what a life long commitment is because my torts will out live me. I have even talked to my children about how the will be responsible for them some day. A responsible person takes full responsibility for their actions and that's what my torts do. Also my students can follow their growth and development on my classroom Facebook page so they never lose touch.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Well, welcome! And that's a real good idea, my youngest daughter is starting to understand what a life long buddy (Cooper 23 months) I have, and my 9 year old Russian Ophelia. Altho I honesty don't think she could ever handle Cooper, I am sure she could Ophelia since she is full grown and just a little thing. Nice to see someone that's teaching the kids about the great tortoises, great job!

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
That is awesome :D I am a Jr. High teacher in a small Christian School and I love sharing my interest in tortoises with my students :D

Status
Not open for further replies.