Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfinab

5 Year Member
Hello my name is Walter and I am excited to meet you all!

I own a 7 year old redfoot and hope to learn a lot from you all.

I live in Tampa, Florida and do need help.

Is my baby a boy or a girl!?? I eventually want to start breeding and knowing his/her sex is quite important. I think its a boy. What do the experts think?

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 16

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Walter and welcome to the Forum!!

I'm not good at telling the gender of RF tortoises, so I won't even try. :p

surfinab

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome!

emysemys said:

oldkid

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum Walter, I just got my first tort, and It's a redfoot about the size of yours. Wish I could help with the sexing, but I'm way too new. There is a great wealth of info here, and I know someone will be able to tell you for sure soon. Hope to see more pictures and to hear from you often on here.

johin

5 Year Member
emysemys said:

Hello every one,!
I am johin , I join this forum for sharing knowledge , Ideas and information about animal life and update my research in here ...

surfinab

5 Year Member
Thanks! I will mosts definitly be posting more pics and possiblly a live feed of the enclosure. thanks for the warm welcome!

oldkid said:
Welcome to the forum Walter, I just got my first tort, and It's a redfoot about the size of yours. Wish I could help with the sexing, but I'm way too new. There is a great wealth of info here, and I know someone will be able to tell you for sure soon. Hope to see more pictures and to hear from you often on here.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome..no one has given you an answer yet? It would help if I could get a better shot of the tail. Looks more male

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Welcome Walter. This what I recommend you do. Take a photo of him sideways, and a close up of his tail. That way someone may chime in and tell you what they think. Also, keep a closer eye on him. Sometimes, I hear males will flash you and you'll know then for sure. Also, there may be a thread (posting) that may give you hints on how to determine the sex of your redfoot since he is 7 years old. But, from just that one pic, I agree with Charmaine, it looks like a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.