Help!! I think coco is sick! ???

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Me neither..unless he has a cold..but I’m doing what I can for his well-being!
Is there a vet on here we can speak too?
He went inside a mini somewhat dark hide just now!
Is his breathing OK?
Is his nose runny?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Is his breathing OK?
Is his nose runny?
I noticed some bubbles earlier today..but it could of been from him drinking..I haven’t heard any noises from him really..except him croaking from time to time!!
I been keeping a close eye on him...I don’t hear him Wheezing either!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
At the end of his enclosure it’s way to cold..and the humidity is high! Where should I put his thing at them? Or should I figure out his temp and humidity first??

You need to make sure you have all the equiplement you need asap to get your temps right or you will have a sick tort.
What is your ambient temp or your room temp?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I think I read here that Coco is a desert tortoise so this willl help.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
You need to make sure you have all the equiplement you need asap to get your temps right or you will have a sick tort.
What is your ambient temp or your room temp?

its 84 in my room and these are the temps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I personally wouldn't waste money on that.
It's too small, and too low, if he climbs on anything in there he'll be over the top.

Maybe @Yvonne G or @Tom can point you in the right direction for enclosures for your DT.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm woried that putting the light over his hide will turn it into an oven and cook him.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I personally wouldn't waste money on that.
It's too small, and too low, if he climbs on anything in there he'll be over the top.

Maybe @Yvonne G or @Tom can point you in the right direction for enclosures for your DT.
Yes, I asked Tom about it not long ago but he didn’t get back to me about it!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I'm woried that putting the light over his hide will turn it into an oven and cook him.
What you mean? It’s his basking area!! He’s currently on the bottom near the rock!!
I love it when he’s stretched like that!!
He’s so cute ?

recommendations in what to do with his humidity? Should I place his tub outside tomorrow for a little while?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Does he have a UV light? Don't get one yet, let's wait for some recommendations
Nope, Tom said That my DT prob won’t need it right now because it’s winter..but during summer he says just to take out to get some sun for 20-30 minutes for some UVB!
Because the lights that have it..he doesn’t recommend them anymore due to hazard issues and two expensive! I have a regular none LED light bulb for him..that Tom recommended!!

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
Nope, Tom said That my DT prob won’t need it right now because it’s winter..but during summer he says just to take out to get some sun for 20-30 minutes for some UVB!
Because the lights that have it..he doesn’t recommend them anymore due to hazard issues and two expensive! I have a regular none LED light bulb for him..that Tom recommended!!
Do you know what kind of tortoise he is? I cannot tell from the pictures

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Does anybody put anything on tortoise head for shedding other than water?
I been soaking him everyday with warm water and I take a Q-tip and wet his shell rings and head!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I need to correct myself here, this description is pretty much completely wrong sorry. As temperature decreases, relative humidity often increases as a result of the air having less capacity to hold water vapour. An increase in humidity within the enclosure should not have a long term impact on overall temperatures, it might initially but not for long. I was second guessing myself straight away and spent a little time to refresh my memory lol. my excuse is it is very late here. but still apologies.

I honestly think your tort probably just needs a bit of time to adjust and maybe lower the light you have a little, if the temps dont increase then use a bigger light as discussed. Dont worry about too high of humidity, that isnt really a problem.
Don't apologize. You give great advice always. I follow you just so I don't miss out on your advice. Good information