Hmm ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Mexico
So I bought my red foot May 8th and she/he still is not going to drink water or eat by himself. I literally have to take him out of his cave and take him to drink and eat. N than after just a few mins he goes back in and lays there all day. I bought him a huge enclosure so he will have plenty room to walk around but he doesn't. Is it just something that takes time?

killuchen

5 Year Member
New Port Richey, Florida
It takes time I'm pretty sure. For my baby he wouldn't come out for the first couple days. Now my little guy runs to the food plate when he knows it's feeding time. So cute :x just give it some time.

Mic

5 Year Member
New Mexico
Well it has been like a month since I got the new habitat. But I keep the temp around mid 80s sometimes I wonder if he's hiding from the heat or trying to get warmer. Iv seen other torts very active and wonder why mine isn't. Even outside he doesn't walk around like he used to. Am I doing anything wrong?

O... Also I am spraying his home with a spray bottle for humidity. Any other ideas?

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Mic, that is what I thought mine were doing when I moved them outside. They would scatter to the hides and then just stay there. Now that it has been a month or two, they are still in their hides...because it is hotter than hell here in Texas, but I do see them occassionally come out..walk through the water pan and change hide positions. Just give it some time... Keep an eye for all your temp/light/humidity levels.... These are all factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.