How long to cure pyramiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haidao88

5 Year Member
how long would it take to cure my peaches pyramiding, supposedly if I'm doing everything right?

ImageUploadedByTortForum1368467483.951523.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1368467537.529872.jpg

My tortoise Peach hates apples

P.s when I bought her she was alreadying having a little bit of pyramiding problem according to some people

Last edited by a moderator:

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Pyramiding never reverses, your guys small enough tho that it won't looking it pyramiding much at all and will probably be ok in the long run

TommyZ

5 Year Member
As i understand it, the pyramiding that is already there can not be cured, and is irreversable. All ya can do is not allow it to progress any further via proper care (humidity, UVB, diet). However, from what ive read here in the forum and the tort library, it is only cosmetic and does not harm your tort. Im by no means a pro though, but i have been studying ALOT..

TZ

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Boost your humidity. It may not be as high as you think. It won't go away, but as your tortoise grows it will be less noticeable. If you make the changes and keep the humidity high from now on, the pyramiding probably won't even be noticeable as an adult.

haidao88

5 Year Member
Okay thanks guys ... Sad to know that her first year of birth was not at it's best for her health and growth since I got her from a breeder. I will continue to do my best...

haidao88

5 Year Member
yes my humidity is at least 80 all the time

haidao88

5 Year Member
Thank you As long as she's healthy I'm fine

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
haidao88 said:
Okay thanks guys ... Sad to know that her first year of birth was not at it's best for her health and growth since I got her from a breeder. I will continue to do my best...

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Just because a tortoise is a little pyramided doesn't mean it wasn't well taken care of. Now, if it was dehydrated that's another issue.

haidao88

5 Year Member
Sorry I didn't mean that assumption, I meant I got her from someone who was more interested in quantity than quality

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Pyramiding isn't a sickness or disease that needs to be "cured." It is a condition of the shell that shows a lack of humidity and moisture during the tortoise's first year of life. It is usually not life threatening and is only cosmetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.