Howdy!

ladyvalkyrie

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Howdy there! I'm Beka and I live outside of San Antonio, Texas. I thought I had an account here but apparently I did not, so here I am!

About me first: I'm 22, married, and in the process of joining the Navy. I'm also a college student, and English Major. This sounds like a lot of responsibility for someone wanting to be a tortoise mom, but I have a good support system. I currently live with my parents while I finish my degree as husband is Army and is stationed in Oklahoma. I have two turtles: A RES named Apollo and a Common Musk named Artemis. Husband has a Ball Python named Winston. My mom and dad have a dog named Queen Cleopatra and a cat name King TuT, and we're fostering two kittens- Hades and Dora. Our house is lively and full of love.

I'm fairly new to being a mom to shelled critters, but I've been researching and looking in to adopting one for a while. I knew I wanted a tortoise as soon as I saw the Sulcata (Henry) at Sea World. I was talking to the keeper about him since he's absolutely adorable, and once the keeper informed me that they were legal to have as pets, I knew I wanted one. So I've been looking into getting one ever since.

I am, however, starting smaller. On Saturday I will be taking custody of two Redfoots named Koopa and Troopa. I am very excited to add them to our home, and so is my husband. I don't know how my Artemis and Apollo feel, but I'm sure they're excited and slightly upset about having to share mom. They'll get over it though. <3

I look forward to being a part of this community and sharing the journey of my sweet babies!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Beka welcome to the TFO from AZ . Thankyou for the service you are about to serve . Have a great tort day!

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome!!
I have 7 Reddoots and love them. They have very specific needs, as all species do.
I would research enclosures, heat, humidity, diet, under our " south American ( Redfoot) section.
We love pictures!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Beka!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

mojo

Hastings, East Sussex
Hi and welcome Beka, so young and yet achieved so much, good luck in the Navy. Hope you enjoy your tortoise when you make your decision.