I live in B.C Canada and I can't find a Tortoise Vet

BradyMa2012

Location (City and/or State)
Surrey
The city I live in is Surrey and I have a 3 month old Leopard Tortoise. He has ho health issues, but I was wondering if there was a vet that specializes in tortoises near me just in case.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There are very few that actually know all that needs to be known about tortoises. I doubt you will find one near you.
I have had mine since 2011 and they have never seen a vet. If you keep them in proper sized, heated, and humid enclosure and feed them a wide variety of good leopard foods and keep them well hydrated, you shouldn't need a vet.
Do not let them roam the floors of your home, this could and likely will cause issues.
Keep temps never below 80,basking temp of 95-100 with incandescent FLOOD bulb and night temps also 80 with ceramic heat emitters. Humidity 80% in a closed chamber enclosure.
Feed as wide a variety as possible and include mazuri tortoise food in that diet. Also dried floors and weeds that can be purchased for tortoises help to make those grocery greens much better.
Also be sure to have a large room size space available for when he gets around 10 inches or around 3-4 years of age.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome to the forum! Can you please post some pictures of your tortoise?