I'm new here and nice to meet you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ae92jin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
Hi everyone I'm Jin and new here.
I have 2 star tortoise about 1 1/2 years and just brought back a 2 months old Sulcata tortoise. I live in Malaysia and hope to learn more to taking care my loving tortoise.

I having a problem with my tortoise recently, their skin look's like dry of and peeling skin. Can anyone let me know why? are my tortoise ok.

First I keep my tortoise Indoor in the wooden box that I make it my own and put it just beside of window. I have 2 lighting for them, one is UVB light and one is Day light.

I hope someone can help me...!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, ae92jin!

The peeling skin is normal. Don't pick at it. Do you soak your babies in water occasionally?

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome.. as long as you are giving your torts adaquate hydration. They are fine. They do shed their skin. That is what is happening. No need to panic...

MichiLove

5 Year Member
New Orleans
Welcome!! Yes, this is normal, my Sulcata has a little bit of peeling too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. :) take a look at the threads at the bottom of my post. Great for raising a healthy, smooth sulcata.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
ae92jin said:
Hi everyone I'm Jin and new here.
I have 2 star tortoise about 1 1/2 years and just brought back a 2 months old Sulcata tortoise. I live in Malaysia and hope to learn more to taking care my loving tortoise.

I having a problem with my tortoise recently, their skin look's like dry of and peeling skin. Can anyone let me know why? are my tortoise ok.

First I keep my tortoise Indoor in the wooden box that I make it my own and put it just beside of window. I have 2 lighting for them, one is UVB light and one is Day light.

I hope someone can help me...!

Welcome!

ae92jin

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Hi Everyone...! Thank you for the advice...:D Now i feel more comfortable when hearing all this is normal.

I like this forum very much and a read a lots of useful note. Keep it up, good work...I will follow you...!

Status
Not open for further replies.