Junie Moon - Our two-legged Eastern Box Turtle

McGinley

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I just wanted to introduce Junie Moon to The forum. She is an Eastern Box Turtle and was found by a homeless person who subsequently surrendered her to our sanctuary.

Her back legs and tail were chewed off by a predator. The predator must have lost interest because everything else about her is intact.

She has been improving since she came to the farm. She is more alert and has a good appetite. She enjoys a daily bath where she drinks and eventually poops. (The water is changed out every day).

We are thrilled to have and will be building her a larger habitat when warm weather comes around. At that time she'll also participate in educational programs for children in the area. We hope, through Junie, people will learn compassion and the importance of rescue.

Here are a bunch of photos.
Farm Sanctuary
presenceView attachment 365154View attachment 365156View attachment 365157

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
@McGinley here is your thread. When I click on the attachment/link for the pics, it says oops there was a problem and no picture.
This is what I get when I click to view the pictures
Screenshot_20240112-204652.png

McGinley

Ohio
@McGinley here is your thread. When I click on the attachment/link for the pics, it says oops there was a problem and no picture
I just wanted to introduce Junie Moon to The forum. She is an Eastern Box Turtle and was found by a homeless person who subsequently surrendered her to our sanctuary.

Her back legs and tail were chewed off by a predator. The predator must have lost interest because everything else about her is intact.

She has been improving since she came to the farm. She is more alert and has a good appetite. She enjoys a daily bath where she drinks and eventually poops. (The water is changed out every day).

We are thrilled to have and will be building her a larger habitat when warm weather comes around. At that time she'll also participate in educational programs for children in the area. We hope, through Junie, people will learn compassion and the importance of rescue.

Here are a bunch of photos.
Farm Sanctuary
presenceView attachment 365154View attachment 365156View attachment 365157

@McGinley here is your thread. When I click on the attachment/link for the pics, it says oops there was a problem and no picture.
This is what I get when I click to view the pictures
View attachment 365158
Did I miss the window to edit? I can't seem to find the button I used earlier.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Did I miss the window to edit? I can't seem to find the button I used earlier.
Most likely yes. I edited the thread, so it's fine now. If you want to just add another post with pictures or the link to pictures to see if those will work.