Mazuri:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
I was wondering if mt. tortoises like Mazuri? i dont know if they would, i wanted to try some but dont want to buy it if they will most likely stay away from it. Also what one would i get there are so many different ones. lol

Kyle

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I would buy one pound of Mazuri Tortoise Diet. Every tort owner I know who has fed it has had their torts like it.

What do you mean there are different ones? I only know of one type for tortoises, but I could be wrong.

You may find a bag by the manufacturer in a small size, but likely you will need to buy it from someone re-selling it online to get a sample size. It also freezes well. I got my pound for less than $10 I think.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Like Iguana ones and tortoise ones, I dont know maybe the mt. tortoises would be better off with a non tortoise one, lol... I didnt know if the tortoises one is geared more toward sulcatas and desert types.. Maybe i'm wrong, so the tortoise one is good?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I would suggest going to the mazuri website and comparing the ingredients The tortoise one is geared more to desert type torts I would use it as a suppliment only and not as a basis for diet for mountain torts. I myself don't use it. I'll say this of all pelleted foods it is by far the best

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yeah I wouldnt use it as the only food i would give them. I tend to just mix a whole bunch of veggies, and fruits.. i was going to try it and see if they liked it, but wanted opinions from others that might of tried it or people that have mt. tortoises. Maybe i will stick to making my own dishes, lol

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I got my mountain tort from a breeder and he came with a sample of the mazuri and i was told he did eat it regulary but mine is 4 1/2 yrs old. I know younger ones or usually more stubborn when it comes to pellet food.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Nice, i was thinkiing for getting a little bit and see if they like it. If they do i would buy more..

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I just got some night crawlers for the mt.. tortoises, and only 1 out of the 4 actually ate part of the night crawler... I thought they would love them, maybe they were shocked, lol.. i will try again tomorrow morning after i give them a fake "rain shower"

Status
Not open for further replies.