New Ball Python

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletania

5 Year Member
Hi there.... some may know me for all the tortoises and turtles I keep....BUT I just got given a baby (90 day old) ball python. She is 30cm long and has eaten 4 times, shed once.
She is from a reputable breeder who is offering guidance and advice, but I like to know EVERYTHING about the animals I keep and like multiple opinions/support.

She is feeding on prethawed fuzzies atm on a 7 day cycle.
I have her in an exoterra 50x50cm terrarium, with a water bowl,hide and newspaper on the base. She also has a poly/backing that came with the terrarium.

She is in a room which maintains a constant 85 degree temp during the day and drops to about 70/75 at night. Humidity in the room varies from 60 to 80%

Any other advice? I will post some photos tomorrow.... I want to let her setting into her new enclosure tonight.

Would love any ideas/advice current owners have to share.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
turtletania said:
Hi there.... some may know me for all the tortoises and turtles I keep....BUT I just got given a baby (90 day old) ball python. She is 30cm long and has eaten 4 times, shed once.
She is from a reputable breeder who is offering guidance and advice, but I like to know EVERYTHING about the animals I keep and like multiple opinions/support.

She is feeding on prethawed fuzzies atm on a 7 day cycle.
I have her in an exoterra 50x50cm terrarium, with a water bowl,hide and newspaper on the base. She also has a poly/backing that came with the terrarium.

She is in a room which maintains a constant 85 degree temp during the day and drops to about 70/75 at night. Humidity in the room varies from 60 to 80%

Any other advice? I will post some photos tomorrow.... I want to let her setting into her new enclosure tonight.

Would love any ideas/advice current owners have to share.
sorry dont know about snakes but would love to see its picture. good luck.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Congrats! I once had a ball python and she was a friendly, beautiful tortoise who loved to hide in my purse! That was many years ago - so I'm not really up to date on proper advice, so I will let someone else chime in here. Pics would be great!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
kimber_lee_314 said:
Congrats! I once had a ball python and she was a friendly, beautiful tortoise who loved to hide in my purse! That was many years ago - so I'm not really up to date on proper advice, so I will let someone else chime in here. Pics would be great!

Oops - I mean snake - not tortoise! You can see where my mind is! :)

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I've had mine for 15 years. I recommend a basking area of around 100 just like with most reptiles. Unless the animal is being quarantined or ill I don't care for newspaper substrate. I use coconut coir just like I do for indoor tortoise enclosures. As they get older I decrease how often I feed them to about once a month. For now once a week is fine but if you continue that as they become adults they typically become quite obese.

Status
Not open for further replies.