New Russian Tort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
rwfoss said:
Was even able to snap some pictures of her eating. (Petunia stops eating is she knows she's being watched.)

Well? Are you going to share?

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
rwfoss said:
Was even able to snap some pictures of her eating. (Petunia stops eating is she knows she's being watched.)

Well? Are you going to share?

Yes, once I get home. I snapped them right before I left for work...oh so many hours ago!! Give me a couple of hours.

Thinking again of getting her a friend, do you find your tortoises to be social with one another? I know they aren't like our pet rats that really need companionship. But do you feel that they enjoy having another tort around? After all, Daisy was one of about a dozen or more Russians in a large ourdoor pen.

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Ok, so I was a little tired when i got home at 10:00 last night. But, I took some more pics this morning to share. Hope you enjoy!

Who doesn't like Zoomed?? I lov...rmh...nom...nom...

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

Oooh, and a side salad...

IMG_1189.jpg

And something to wash it all down with.

IMG_1176.jpg

And here is a little video of our morning routine. Don't look at the mess!

myssie

5 Year Member
Congrats!!! I havn't got mine yet, still doing all the research for my russian tort. Can't wait till I do. But I want to have all the knowledge of one first to give him the best home.

Bthumpsta

5 Year Member
rwfoss,
Love the pictures! and the video's great! I've had my Russian for four days now and yesterday was his first meal so I'm hoping he learns the routine as well as Daisy soon!

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Some more updated pictures. Had Daisy out, sitting on me and having a snack. Lunch was on me, I guess. (She ended our tender moment by spreading a wet warmth and dropping a slug-like left over.) A fresh mixture of Romaine, Bok Choy, and shredded carrots.

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.