Nice Colored 3-toed for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Hello! Im looking to trade my 3-toed box turtle for a red foot (northern, cherry, yellowfoot, etc.) , leopard, or sulcata. The only reason I want to trade is because I want to focus on these select few species. The 3-toed was given to me when I got a tortoise box from craigslist. It is a male with beautiful colors and is pretty active. Please contact me if you are interested in a trade. I live in Southern San Diego and dont want to ship due to the cooler weather. Local preferred! Willing to drive as far as LA or meet halfway for trades. Thank you!

*this may be a hybrid but im not completely sure.. Ive received different inputs from various members of the forum regarding this

8109177293_2cc458caca.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0548 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

8109188756_89edf9bf21.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0545 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

8109178477_0ab39285e3.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0547 by Drewslife727, on Flickr[/img]

KBisMe

5 Year Member
Maricopa, AZ
DrewsLife727 said:
I'm about 2 hours away. :)

I live in Arizona, but my dad lives in Glendora and I'm planning on visiting him next weekend. I got 2 sulcata hatchlings about a week ago, but have since found out that raising them in pairs is a bad idea. I don't have the space to accomadate 3 sulcata adults, so I think I need to rehome one of my babies. :( I can't stand the thought of them being in a stressful environment. I don't know anything about caring for a box turtle, but he's beautiful!

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Still looking for a trade. If not I'm willing to sell so I can buy one. Anyone? I really want it to go to a good home.

thea lester

5 Year Member
New Orleans, LA
Have you found a home for him yet? Unfortunately my 3 toed females and I are in New Orleans... Wish I could trade with you, I've recently acquired a Sulcata female.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Raph:

The ornata has a much different pattern than the one Drewslife is wanting to trade. Some of the three-toe box turtles are very colorful and some are more like the turtles in the first two links you put up. If anything, he might be a cross between a luteola and a 3-toe, however, it looks like he only has 3 toes on his back foot, so I'm thinking it is a 3 toe. I have several male 3-toe box turtles that show the colorful carapace pattern like this turtle.

Raph

5 Year Member
ok i dont know ive never had either kind. i just thought the color looked unusual. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.