Pink Spots on Plastron

STayl02

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
Hi all - Looking to get some thoughts on some pink spots that I just noticed on Norbert's plastron. I couldn't really figure out based on where it is if it's just new growth or if we need a vet visit. We have had him about 4 yrs, and there have been no recent changes to his setup. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2078[1].JPG
    IMG_2078[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2079[1].JPG
    IMG_2079[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2080[1].JPG
    IMG_2080[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 36

nicoleann2214

NY
Hi all - Looking to get some thoughts on some pink spots that I just noticed on Norbert's plastron. I couldn't really figure out based on where it is if it's just new growth or if we need a vet visit. We have had him about 4 yrs, and there have been no recent changes to his setup. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!
Looks like growth

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
New growth is usually very pale and is always at the edges of scute not spread across the scute. It’s not new growth.

The most likely cause is staining from the substrate or something else in the enclosure. It is pretty common.

In the unlikely event that it gets worse, or there are other signs of illness like lethargy and loss of appetite, then obviously you need to visit a vet. Don’t delete the photo you posted here. Use it to reassure yourself that all is well :)