plants/flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
We will be enlarging Ralph's enclosure next month. I want to start thinking about spring/summer plants/flowers for him. I was going to plant them directly in the enclosure, rather than having them in a flower bed to be picked and given to him.

Can sulcatas eat the entire petunia plant..leaves/stems/flowers and all? I know he LOVES the flower, but I hadn't given him the leaves and stems. He doesn't like rose petals and only like elephant bush on certain days. He's picky. What other plants can I put in his enclosure that are flowering.

Any suggestions on any good fall/winter plants?

M

Maggie Cummings

Hibiscus or Rose of Sharon. Bob LOVES the flowers but the problem is the flowers are so pretty I hate seeing him wolf them down. He has no appreciation of their beauty.
You can also plant pumpkins and different squashes for the blooms and leafs not for the fruit. Bob loves the flowers and eats the leafs as well.
I notice I keep typing Bob loves the flowers/leafs..I am starting to think Bob just eats anything...:D

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
not only will he eat the top part of the plant, hell pull it out of the ground and eat the roots too, i learned the hard way w/ galileo, i never plant his favorites right in his yard, theyd be gone in a flash, instead i plant on the other side of the enclosure, he gets what he can reach and leaves the base of the plant intact to it can continue to bloom, make him work for his food and replacements dont come half as often any more. smiles from galileo & speing

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I planted two petunia plants in Tallula's enclosure, and she ate BOTH plants, flowers, leaves, roots and ALL ! Lol. Maggie I think you're right, I think it's just that Bob will eat anything !!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.