Please Help me indentify my new tortoise!

Tort🐢iiiieee

Location (City and/or State)
Zürich
Hello Everyone!
A few days ago a friend gave me her Tortoise since she could no longer take proper care of it. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify her (?) species and help guess her (?) age. I think that it is a female but I would be thankful for a second opinion.
Thank you so much ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    882.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I believe that is a Hermann's. So far looking female. However, it may be too young yet to properly ID the sex and she wasn't taken care of the best by the pyramidimg.

Tort🐢iiiieee

Zürich
I believe that is a Hermann's. So far looking female. However, it may be too young yet to properly ID the sex and she wasn't taken care of the best by the pyramidimg.
Thank you so much for the reply :) Is there anything I can do to prevent this Pyramiding from getting worse or fix it?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles

Tort🐢iiiieee

Zürich

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sweet tortoise. I think I can see spurs on the inner thighs - if so then you likely have a Greek tortoise. Not sure on subspecies.
Really? Your eyes are much better than mine. I can't see that. But that doesn't mean they are not there.
OP post a few pics of the legs inside and out and bottom shell.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
She looks very sweet. What is her name?
As for the pyramiding, if you follow the advice of people here, you will stop further pyramiding, and over time, her shell will smooth out to some extent as she grows, and it will look less obvious.
Angie

Tort🐢iiiieee

Zürich
She looks very sweet. What is her name?
As for the pyramiding, if you follow the advice of people here, you will stop further pyramiding, and over time, her shell will smooth out to some extent as she grows, and it will look less obvious.
Angie
Her nam is “Fischbrötchen” translating to “Fish Sandwich” 😂. The previous owner came up with the name and I thought it was funny and decided to keep it.