PowerSun 100 W UVA+UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Will it be ok if i only use a 100W Zoomed Powersun? The temps will be fine. But will the UVA and UVB of this bulb be enough? Its going to be in a terrarium. I currently have exoterra heat bulbs and a Repti Glo 10.0 UVB. How much UVB does Powersun have, does it have 10.0?

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The MVB bulbs have the most uvb/uva available. However that in not saying much as they still don't give out what we would like or what the sun of course gives. It will be fine to use. Just be sure you don't put nothing between the light and the tort.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Is it ok if there is a layer of metal webbing? If it is not a great solution, what other UVB rods can I use for more UVB?

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You don't need to add more. What you have is fine. Most of us just use one uv source. Just get it outside in the sun light as often as possible when the weather is warm enough. Sorry, no you can't have the webbing between. If possible, just cut a hole in the screen below the light. Also if you are keeping higher humidities, the screen won't be of any help to hold humidity or heat.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Mvb Bulbs Generally Give out a higher output of uva uvb rays then a reg uv uvb or reptile 10.0

You can try setting it 12 inches from the enclosure and play around and find the right temp and humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.