Pumpkin

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
So I've had this 40 pound pumpkin sitting on my stairs as decoration for Halloween, also I couldn't remember how I fed it to my previous Sulcata....my son told me I used to chuck them off the deck into the Sulcata pen and they ate it raw. So I chucked it over the railing and waited for Mary to come running out. Only it's cold here and she's a darned sissie, so I finally went and pushed her out...he saw the pumpkin and just stuck her face in and holy cats! For one thing, the pumpkin was like a spaghetti squash inside...anyhow here is Mary at the beginning of the get to go outside season...
100_1688.JPG

Anybody ever had a tortoise choke from food?100_1671.JPG
So she ate a bunch and just like that turned around and went back in. I guess it's still too cold for her...it's 42 degrees....
So she got done, and went in only she took some pumpkin with her...
100_1692.JPG
and look at the growth lines from winter...100_1703.JPGI will be so glad when my animals and I can stay outside all day.....100_1664.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wish my pumpkins lasted that long.
Never seen one that looked so much like pasta.
Can't blame her for not wanting to stay out to long, although 42 here is a nice heat wave.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I gave Dudley a pumpkin the other day and he turned up his nose at it.

Hippytort

10 Year Member!
Southern CA
My guy loves it too! That and cactus pads, It's like ice cream to him. He cant eat it fast enough!