She made her own humid hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
There are 6 deliberately constructed hides in the outdoor enclosure for my two juvenile CDTs, but Morticia decided to make one she likes better, up against the back stairs, under a hibiscus plant and between two trays of wheatgrass I planned to plant tonight. She's been hanging out there virtually nonstop since I brought the wheatgrass home on Thursday. Guess I'll have to take my marching orders and plant them there.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1376866144.112354.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1376866187.199590.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1376866122.808959.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1376866122.808959.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They usually know what's best for them...but don't let her get too far under that cement or you may not be able to get her out when cold weather sets in.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Yvonne G said:
They usually know what's best for them...but don't let her get too far under that cement or you may not be able to get her out when cold weather sets in.

Yeah the last two nights pulling her out to come in for bed has convinced me we shouldn't let her burrow down any further. Should I just fill it back in a bit with dirt? She's still so little -- that nook is the product of four days' labor.

Spikeleebd

5 Year Member
Yvonne you could fill the bottom wit some cement so she wouldn't be able to dig to a certain point and wen the cement dries just cover it up with some dirt and instead of the rock use wood to be the top for the hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.