Taking two small russian torts on a plane??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
i got to florida like 3 or 4 times a year, and i live in ohio so its only about a 2 hours flight. i have two young tortoises and im going to be going to florida for two weeks in the summer and i was hoping i could take them on the plane with me. i still have to call the airlines but has anyone taken their torts on the plane with them and kept them with u during the flight? i was planning on using a smalll dog carrier. is it even safe for them to go on the flight? would they even be allowed??

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
RE: Taking to small russian torts on a plane??

it all depends on the airlines. You will most likely need a current health certificate froma vet in order to take them with you.. But I would try to find a pet sitter and leave them at home. Less stress and better for them.

pdelpizzo

10 Year Member!
Broward County
RE: Taking to small russian torts on a plane??

I agree. Sounds pretty traumatic. I usually just have my neighbor drop by every other day when we're gone, mainly to change the water.

Patrick

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
If you leave some dandelion plants in their enclosure to graze on it would make things easier for your friend.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
it's going to be during the summer, you can have them in a nice, secure outdoor enclosure where they will have weeds and grass, heat, and sun. Maybe just have a neighbor or friend come by and refill water, check up on them, etc. Or if you might be worried about them being stolen or something from the yard, bring them to a friend's that is "trained" beforehand on how to take care of them, or have a friend come over and do the daily stuff while they're in their indoor enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.