tank set up for RES appropriate?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
:D hehehe, so (kind of) funny story about that. When I adopted my sliders (kind of a friend of a friend adoption deal :( I didn't know how old they wre, I wasn't really a good turtle shopper:( )and he told me they were 'bigger' turtles. I knew they were sliders, and I mean, sliders get big, so I was expecting 6'' AT LEAST. And of course, my little southern painted turtle came along too, but I was so SHOCKED when I first saw these freaking huge (and they aren't EVEN FULL GROWN.) turtles, I was just like :eek:
:p:p:D:oops:;) Sliders get big. :rolleyes:
That's wonderful, he'll be happy to have a sturdy land area :D May I ask what type of UVB it is? Coil shaped, or long and tube like?

JacquesPierre

:D hehehe, so (kind of) funny story about that. When I adopted my sliders (kind of a friend of a friend adoption deal :( I didn't know how old they wre, I wasn't really a good turtle shopper:( )and he told me they were 'bigger' turtles. I knew they were sliders, and I mean, sliders get big, so I was expecting 6'' AT LEAST. And of course, my little southern painted turtle came along too, but I was so SHOCKED when I first saw these freaking huge (and they aren't EVEN FULL GROWN.) turtles, I was just like :eek:
:p:p:D:oops:;) Sliders get big. :rolleyes:
That's wonderful, he'll be happy to have a sturdy land area :D May I ask what type of UVB it is? Coil shaped, or long and tube like?

Ya it's really something, how big they get! Yes the bulb is coil shaped, it's from All Living Things. I think it's 13w? I heard the coils aren't that great, but haven't looked into it yet. It was all they had at the time and I wanted to get him his appropriate lighting ASAP. Unfortunately he seemed severely neglected when I picked him up from my sister's. It really feels good being able to give an animal a better life, especially when you can tell that they are lovin' it!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
It's great to know he's happier now too :<3: and he can probably most definitely tell the difference :( Yes, coil bulbs can cause many problems :( yet they keep selling 'em. There is a link about that in my signature :D