TFO meet Rubber Ducky my new female three toed box turtle

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
She is a very attractive female. I have a male and a female three toed box turtle. They get along very well because they only see each other once a year to mate. If you had an entire backyard with lots of bushes, and hiding spots, it might be doable to put them in the same space. The amount of square footage you have is just not nearly enough to protect the female from being incessantly harassed. One of the problems is that whenever he sees a female then he will want to mate. It's just natural. Two females is not enough, either. One of the benefits of getting them together only once a year is that the female is much more likely to take an interest in mating with the male under that circumstance. But if he's hassling her, she won't cooperate. Not to mention she's not going to be very happy! In the long run, you're much better off keeping them apart even if you have to divide the space in half.
I have them seperated them right now, when I havw the time and money I plan on adding on to the current enclosure. I have an Idea that will let me have a divider between the 2 enclosures that I can open up as needed to let them roam both enclosures, or seperate males and females