Time sensitive question

Status
Not open for further replies.

The captain

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
are there any online stores to buy a sulcata?
maybe one with WYSIWYG

The captain

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i have decided against buying a tortoise.
i cant say what will happen to me in 10 years.
im just starting five years college for a masters in teaching.
but one day when i have a house, i'll rescue a big one!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Captain, I think that is a wise decision. A large tort is a BIG responsibility. Congratulations on doing your research first.

The captain

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
thanks, as cute as they are. i need to know i can provide for its entire life. and i cant be sure as of now. one day i will have a big beauty grace my yard.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
The captain said:
Hey there, im looking to buy a December hatchling sulcata.

Only issue, the guy cant get me a pic and says the animal is in good health, and still has "creases" on its shell from hatching. does this sound normal? i dont get what he means. should i pass? he says they are soft, but not squishy. please reply ASAP.

Oh and nice to be part of your site. hope i can learn new stuff. I have a few snakes and saltwater fish.

thanks
sam

I agree. I dont think that you should get one from him if you cant see a picture of it first.

I got my sulcata when he was a week old and he did have this "crease" but it did flatten out. It was this line that was in the front area. I would say that he had it for about a month or less.

About the squishy thing. It's hard to explain the shell thing. My sulcata's shell was hard-ish, well not as hard as it is now. Man, that is hard to explain.

There are some pics of him when he was really young on his myspace page if you want to see for yourself. There are pics from when I first got him to now. He is about 10 months old now.

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.