Tort vs dog for ball

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Funny! Herman's? Greek? He sure loves his ball. Poor dog had to learn to hard way.

THBfriend

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hard to tell the species because of the bad video quality.
While this is an interesting and funny video, one should keep in mind that it shows abnormal tortoise behavior. Tortoises don't play. The male there probably perceives the ball as a potential mate or rival, meaning it never had sufficient contact with fellow tortoises.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Also, this is very stressful for the tortoise. While videos like this are 'cute' I really don't like seeing the tortoise being upset like that.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Also, this is very stressful for the tortoise. While videos like this are 'cute' I really don't like seeing the tortoise being upset like that.

747117wei24kafiu.gif
This was my thought exactly when I saw this video on Facebook. You could tell he was irritated by the way he was charging.

kmartin

central Florida
You have a tendency to forget how very determined to mate a male tortoise can be. Apparently even when there is not an available appropriate female!

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
that could to be potentially dangerous to a tortoise that size, even though the dog seemed friendly, he is quite large compared to that tort, and light playing for that dog, is pretty ruff for a tortoise that size, that tort was determined though lol

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I've been tagged in this exact video like 8 times on fb very recently. I can see why people find it cute but that is one aggravated tortoise.

Elohi(Earth)

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Ah, I see. Goes to show what a noob i am at tort keeping lol. But I have no other pets or keep any kinda toys with them so I never encountered any strange behavior. After seeing the vid I thought a ball was a good idea for exercise. Learn something new everyday.