Tortoise Prolapse while Pooping

Location (City and/or State)
90039 (CA)
So lately our male desert tortoise has been prolapsing while he's pooping. I can't tell if it's his penis or something else, but most of the times when he poos something else comes out with it and generally retracts immediately afterwards. We've also noticed sometimes when he starts to poo he'll pull his head quickly into his shell and make a noise. This is all something that we found him doing a few years ago and then it stopped for a while. We've sent the video to our vet - but he's out for a couple of days so I thought I would check here to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Here is a link to a video of it:

KronksMom

Illinois
Make sure the vet that's seeing this understands tortoise anatomy well and doesn't just see them as dogs with hard hats on. But, like Chubbs said, it looks like his penis is poking out. It could be a constipation issue. He's having to push so hard, that he ends up pushing Everything out at once instead of just the poops. For constipation you can try soaking him more and giving him more foods that have a higher water content like aloe and even cucumber, but remember, these foods are not good for him to eat too much of long term. Just to soften everything up a little bit for him.
Also, really impressive photography. It's tough to catch that moment, and you got it perfectly. That deserves an Attaboy.

90039 (CA)
Thanks!!! Glad to hear it looks more like his penis than something internal that's more dangerous for him. Keeping up with soaks and already started him on aloe and cucumber in the meantime. Still waiting to hear back from the vet, but he's a herp vet and has desert torts of his own, so should be knowledgeable.

Getting the video was not easy, was surprised we were able to!

90039 (CA)
Thanks Yvonne! Good to know! And on that same note - just heard back from the vet who agreed it looked like the penis and was only concerned if it comes out and stays out.

Since this video he has been flagging a lot. Must be the season..