Video of Fernando playing baseball (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Here's a video of Fernando playing tort baseball. :D My son is sitting in my Mothers Day gift that my husband bought for me yesterday. Yes he is just being silly because I'm taking his picture. Yes I know that it's early, but when it's at Costco you either buy it now or it's gone as you all know. It's a rocking chair so now I can sit and watch the tortoises in comfort. I'll post a couple of new pictures of Fernando too. Do any of you have any problems with cats and DT's? Just wondering. Here's a picture of my Mothers Day gift.

DSC00797.jpg

Here's a picture of Fernando outside today.

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

And here is a picture of Fernando crossing home plate. :D :p

:D:D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm trying to teach Emma (my lab) to find Fernando when he's hiding now. He was hiding under a bush in my yard and Noah couldn't find him. Then today he started doing what you said he would do, he started digging his little burrow. It was funny because he threw dirt at Emma and she jumped. :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some tortoises take weeks to settle in (the intergrade that I just sold hasn't come out of his house in 4 days) and others are so well-adjusted that they just take over the yard like they've lived there all their life. I'm so happy that Fernando is doing well in his new home!

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Within a week or so...that little burrow is going to be pretty big. He made one 6 feet deep and about 2 feet wide. When he completes his burrow, try not to step on top of it (Since its hallow) My sister fell in :) and I had to cover it up. Poor fernando had to start all over again.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
They're such hard workers. Poor Fernando all that work down the tubes. :D He actually started digging it near the back fence so now tomorrow we go and put big rocks there so he won't be able to dig out. Thanks Yvonne he's really starting to grow on me. I like to touch his shell and pet him softly so he is trusting of me not to hurt him like he was hurt by the skateboarders. I want him to feel safe here.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
love the video. thanks for sharing!!! i love watching DTs dig burrows!! are you going to let him sleep in it during the winter or bring him inside?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Not sure about the hibernating thing yet still doing research on CDT's. I've got a while to think about it thank goodness. :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Fernando looks quite content as he goes about his explorations...

He makes a good addition to your tortoise sanctuary. ;)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ok I just realized you signature!!! OMG I am sure I miss a lot during the month and a half I was away from the forum! Candy, you now have one little Eddie and one little Fernando!!!! Congratulationsssssssssssssssssss :D. Fernando looks like a real gentleman :D He is beautiful! And your son is sooo adorable :D You guys look like you have a lot of fun together :D. I am so jealous of your gift, I love those chairs, they are soooo comfortable :D

Status
Not open for further replies.