Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
Ninja and Lefty enjoy a wormy salad!
IMAG0698.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Right now, since they all just came up from hibernation, they are eating ground venison. Next week I'll starting adding sweet potato, and carrots, and eventually greens fruits and veggies. And of course worms...either in the AM or in the late afternoon, and of course, whatever they find in the garden.
I love the variety that you are feeding them Jo. Look at their happy faces!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Speaking of food, has anyone tried that Healthy Herp dried box turtle food that you soak in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes before feeding? I bought some of that for days when i don't have time to prepare food. My 1.5 year old gulf coast loves this food! My 9 month old three toed was not impressed. But it does look healthier than your average commercial food.

Otherwise, they eat red wigglers, mealworms, soaked repotmin sticks, occassional scrambled egg, occassional organic wet dog food, shredded carrots, spring mix, tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, and sometimes blackberries.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Terry, I try to give them a mix of different things..today it was red leaf lettuce, plum,some corn for extra surprise and meal worms...next time will be Kale, banana, carrots and red wigglers.....I also got some mustard green bananas and a sweet potato...whatever i buy for me i give to them...this way we all get a variety, except i dont eat the bugs..hahaha..I was thinking about getting some goldfish for them to hunt in their water bowl...

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I offered the little ones moistened catfish pellets, the 2 year old's seemed to enjoy it.The one that hatched out last year at 3 grams had nothing to do with it.

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Colorado
Cute! Mine are eating a salad that consists of greens + fruit + veggie + protein. The fruits and veggies are usually whatever I have on hand, generally for our human dinner, and the protein has been freeze dried shrimp, red wigglers, or egg lately. (Zora really likes the shrimp. Roadkill is ambivalent.)

Status
Not open for further replies.