What kind of tortoise is this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Looks like an Hermann's Tortoise...likely Eastern.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

Caboose

5 Year Member
Thx, my cousin is looking for a baby pet tortoise, he wants something that wont get really big. I told him that he should bye from a breeder. Is anyone a breeder???

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Caboose said:
Thx, my cousin is looking for a baby pet tortoise, he wants something that wont get really big. I told him that he should bye from a breeder. Is anyone a breeder???

Why not buy that one? Looks to be an excellent example of an Eastern Hermann's.

Caboose

5 Year Member
He wants a new born.

Is there a list of breeders in Florida

Ansh

5 Year Member
Cambridge, UK
Hatchlings are more susceptible to illness and are easily stressed by changes in their environment. If your cousin is new to tortoises, he is better off with an older tortoise.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Ansh said:
Hatchlings are more susceptible to illness and are easily stressed by changes in their environment. If your cousin is new to tortoises, he is better off with an older tortoise.

Absolute agreement...besides, with good care, the tortoise may well outlive the owner (and sometimes the owner's children!). :cool:

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I would also advise an older tortoise for a first time owner. I'm so so glad I didn't get a hatchling for my first - it wouldn't have had the best few first months let me tell you :p that's only because I rushed though and didn't research properly beforehand.
Your cousin might be perfectly fine with a hatchling as long as he/she researches a lot first and prepares the enclosure before you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.