"Worm Guard" ?

Mr Buster

Location (City and/or State)
Reno NV
Anyone here have any experience with "Nature Zone Worm Guard" ?

"Controls intestinal worms and parasites"

"safe laxative action expels worms and parasites." "Sprinkle lightly on food as dust" Repeat 7-14 days.

Ingredients: Pumpkin seed, black walnut, cloves, wormwood, black cumin, thyme, kieselguhr, papain.

Less than $9 from Amazon includes shipping. Just arrived today.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's all natural ingredients. I don't think it would be harmful if used occasionally, but not all the time.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Does Buster actually have worms ?
I wouldn't use anything as a preventative or even if a small amount of parasites were detected in a faecal examination.
I'd only use it for a serious infestation when numbers of worms can be seen in the poop or on a vets recommendation.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Is it the protein ?

No, it's because they're both toxic to many animals, which I'm sure is the reason they're included in a dewormer. I don't think safe doses are known for tortoises, so I see no reason to risk it when anti-worming agents that have been tested on tortoises do exist and aren't prohibitively expensive.

Mr Buster

Reno NV
No, it's because they're both toxic to many animals, which I'm sure is the reason they're included in a dewormer. I don't think safe doses are known for tortoises, so I see no reason to risk it when anti-worming agents that have been tested on tortoises do exist and aren't prohibitively expensive.

What are other agents recommended ?