2 quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamest0o0

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
1) My old tortoise water dish was just gross so I want to get a new one, what do people suggest? My old one seemed to work pretty good, but it came from petco and probably costs more than it's worth.

2) What does everyone here use to give their torts baths? I had a pan, but they would always climb out and was just very inconvenient.

longbeachskunk

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Beach Ca.
Just use one of those ceramic plates that go under flower pots. I put my torts underneath the sprinklers so they can play and get a good soak and drink water at the same time.

jamest0o0

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Good idea about the plate, but I don't think the sprinkler idea would work in 10 degree weather :(.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
1) for waterers I use plant pot saucers for the smaller animals and toter lids for the large animals.

2) When I soak a tortoise I use a dish pan. They can't climb or see out of the sides. If they are particularly active in trying to climb out, I place a cutting board over the top. This usually calms them down and they relax for the rest of the soak.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

I use a paint roller pan for drinking and a big plastic tote that they can't see thru for soaking for my smaller animals. I don't soak my big Sulcata he drinks out of a non spillable dog water dish...

Status
Not open for further replies.