3 Toed Box Turtle

Okinawan

Location (City and/or State)
Edmond, Oklahoma
I adopted this 3 toed boxy from a co-worker who had it in a 20 gallon aquarium. Her age is unknown as the co-worker received as a "gift" from a friend. She appears to be female juvenile, estimate that it's 4 to 5 years old maybe. I will only offer her to experienced Box turtle keepers and will not ship so local only in the Oklahoma Texas vicinity. I cannot attach an image using my tablet so please forward me your email. I have kept your in an outdoor pen and is very active. Again, experienced Box turtle keepers only, and yes she is free.

Daphnevelma

10 Year Member!
Central California
Oh, she is darling! I would love to adopt her if I were closer. My family has a 3 toed boxy that we've had for 44 years. They are so much fun!

Okinawan

Edmond, Oklahoma
Thanks, she is very active and "feisty" She likes to climb and explore her enclosure, I guess she like the view from up high or maybe scheming of ways to escape!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Send us some pics of her enclosure so we can help you modify it to suit her best

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Tennessee
Is that your enclosure in the pictures? It looks beautiful, but it appears you have a blue star juniper planted in there. I know that they are poisonous to tortoises, I would assume they would be to box turtles too. I know that box turtles care more about worms than plants, but I wouldn't give her access to it. Just my opinion.

Okinawan

Edmond, Oklahoma
Yes, that is a blue star juniper that wasn't doing too well so I decided to put that in the enclosure hoping it would take off... Dang it I guess it will need to come out.