$5 well spent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Found a raised garden bed today for $5. Thought it would make a good barrier for my little guys. I was right! Looks kinda deformed from being rolled up... Supposed to be round. But they dont mind! Lol. Olly and Tank loved it. Still keeping Gunther seperated so he free roamed by himself.
20121116_140044-1.jpg olly and tank
20121116_141139-1.jpg sick lil Gunther exploring.

Tank and Gunther still havent figured out that they are supposed to eat weeds. But im sure they will soon. It took Olly a bit. But OMG whats with the poop eating?! Olly and tank would not stop! I kept having to get it out and they kept pooping more!!!! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
GREAT idea!!! Yeah- the poop eating sounds gross. I haven't seen Elsa eat her poop yet but I figure it'll happen. I've read on here that eating poop is how they keep their gut populated with the beneficial bacteria that they need, but...YUCK!!:p

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Moozilion said:
GREAT idea!!! Yeah- the poop eating sounds gross. I haven't seen Elsa eat her poop yet but I figure it'll happen. I've read on here that eating poop is how they keep their gut populated with the beneficial bacteria that they need, but...YUCK!!:p

Ewwwwww! Really?!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Moozilion said:

Dogs do that, too...kinda gross, but it's just their nature, so whatchagonnado (besides refrain from kissing either species :rolleyes: )?

lori12386 said:
Found a raised garden bed today for $5. Thought it would make a good barrier for my little guys. I was right! Looks kinda deformed from being rolled up... Supposed to be round. But they dont mind! Lol. Olly and Tank loved it. Still keeping Gunther seperated so he free roamed by himself.
olly and tank
sick lil Gunther exploring.

Tank and Gunther still havent figured out that they are supposed to eat weeds. But im sure they will soon. It took Olly a bit. But OMG whats with the poop eating?! Olly and tank would not stop! I kept having to get it out and they kept pooping more!!!! Lol

Looks good! :cool:

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
It looks good and is quite a bargain.

My torts only poop when being soaked. If it still poops in his enclosure, I soak them longer and let them to have longer poop time while soaking.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Yellow Turtle said:
It looks good and is quite a bargain.

My torts only poop when being soaked. If it still poops in his enclosure, I soak them longer and let them to have longer poop time while soaking.

Mine seem to be pooping machines! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.