A BIG THANK YOU to Turtulas-Len!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
I was in need of some cold-tolerant cactus and Len was happy to oblige. I made the drive to Colonial Beach and not only did I end up with plenty of cactus, I also got Rose of Sharon, Mulberry, some vines, Sedum a banana tree and a bunch of other cool stuff. I learned a lot from a veteran tortoise keeper and even got to meet Walker, a 21 year old Sulcata...quite the handsome fellow:
IMG_4868.JPG
I'll be posting photos of all of the plants soon. Thank you again to @Turtulas-Len for your generosity and for sharing your knowledge with me, it was really nice to meet you, your torts and your dogs!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I was in need of some cold-tolerant cactus and Len was happy to oblige. I made the drive to Colonial Beach and not only did I end up with plenty of cactus, I also got Rose of Sharon, Mulberry, some vines, Sedum a banana tree and a bunch of other cool stuff. I learned a lot from a veteran tortoise keeper and even got to meet Walker, a 21 year old Sulcata...quite the handsome fellow:
View attachment 212724
I'll be posting photos of all of the plants soon. Thank you again to @Turtulas-Len for your generosity and for sharing your knowledge with me, it was really nice to meet you, your torts and your dogs!
Your Welcome, I really enjoyed meeting you and our time together. You are the first forum member to venture the boon docks of the Northern Neck. You have to come back someday to get the plants that we forgot to put on the truck.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Your Welcome, I really enjoyed meeting you and our time together. You are the first forum member to venture the boon docks of the Northern Neck. You have to come back someday to get the plants that we forgot to put on the truck.
I most definitely will!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Here are some pictures of the plants @Turtulas-Len gave me, he said he has plenty if any other forum members are interested. Still need to get a photo of the banana tree.

IMG_4891.JPG IMG_4892.JPG IMG_4893.JPG IMG_4894.JPG IMG_4895.JPG IMG_4896.JPG IMG_4897.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My gosh - all potted up and everything! Wish I lived closer.