A year and a half later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Found a baby pic of Cinnamon... From Agust 2011, the day i got her. Hard to believe she used to fit in my hand! She still has lots more growing to do. But she seems to double ever six months!
20130206_174815-1.jpg
PhotoGrid_1360376465615.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Your doing something right! She looks great!

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Very nice! Pseudemys are some of my favorite turtles to keep.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Gerards said:
Very nice! Pseudemys are some of my favorite turtles to keep.

Thanks. She is really cool. Such a different personality then my other turtles. She is very friendly. She will eat lettuce out of my hand.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
They're like manatees of the US turtle world. I think their size, diet and temperament makes them so cool. I used to keep Pseudemys gorzugi for years and really got to love that genus. Too bad they're not a good fit for my Northerly climate.

Good luck with her! Next time you update us, she might be double that size!

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Anthony P said:
They're like manatees of the US turtle world. I think their size, diet and temperament makes them so cool. I used to keep Pseudemys gorzugi for years and really got to love that genus. Too bad they're not a good fit for my Northerly climate.

Good luck with her! Next time you update us, she might be double that size!

Those are the non soft shell qualities I like in a turtle.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Hey don't rub it in!! I love those qualities too, but all those big cow like chelonians don't belong in a New England basement, haha. You Southerners have all the fun!!

I totally agree though Gerard. I'm sure I'm forgetting some in the moment, but Podocnemis, Pseudemys, the bigger Trachemys, Batagur, Orlitia, Hardella, Geoclemys, even though they eat mostly snails instead of greens, and Heosemys grandis would all be amazing. I suppose I'll just have to dream, until my wife lets me drag her South!

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Anthony P said:
Hey don't rub it in!! I love those qualities too, but all those big cow like chelonians don't belong in a New England basement, haha. You Southerners have all the fun!!

I totally agree though Gerard. I'm sure I'm forgetting some in the moment, but Podocnemis, Pseudemys, the bigger Trachemys, Batagur, Orlitia, Hardella, Geoclemys, even though they eat mostly snails instead of greens, and Heosemys grandis would all be amazing. I suppose I'll just have to dream, until my wife lets me drag her South!

Morenia, Dermatemys, Hieremys, Peltocephalus, they're all awesome! You guys are crazy living up in that weather. I just bought my first pair of pants the other day, it got into the 40's, you know, freezing!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Hhahahahahaa!!!!

And of course I was forgetting so many genera when I mentioned those earlier. How could I forget your Morenia!!??

I wear shorts up hear anyway! I refuse to give in to the cold. I've been taking my dogs out every night in my shorts, even though most nights it's been below 0 degrees F. It's crazy to think that in a month or so, turtles like C. guttata will be waking up. There's 3 ft of snow on the ground!!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Awesome very nice your doing a good job

Status
Not open for further replies.