About Mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
So I have been looking all over my area to try and find the Mazuri tortoise food. Cause I keep reading that it is good for them and they all love it!. Well I am to impatient for mail order and No one carried it, till I found a feed store across town. So I made the drive and wouldn't you know they only had 25 lb bags. UGGGGG! So I bought a 25 lb bag for $27.00. So I drive home all happy because I'm a good tortoise daddy. I take out 3 pellets from a bag that will surely last him the rest of his life. I soak them and give them to him with a big smile on my face. He prances his little butt up to them and takes one bite, looks at me and made an ugly face and turned away! What the heck? Is there some secret trick to get them to eat it? My sulcata is only about 9 mo old. Is this an acquired taste that he will grow into once he is older? I don't know what to do with all this darn Mazuri. I wonder if my son will eat it? He eats everything else! lol

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You could try to mash it onto his favorite greens. Sort of trick him to eat it. As for your kid, wrap them in foil and leave in a candy dish, or soak with warm water and serve it up like oatmeal. Lol.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The Purina company sells the 1# bags online. Last I checked they would ship it free. For little ones it will last a looooooong time.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
DesertGrandma said:
The Purina company sells the 1# bags online. Last I checked they would ship it free. For little ones it will last a looooooong time.

And others sell it by the pound, as well...including our site. And we're cheaper than buying the poly 1# bags.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Yeah I guess I will mix it with his greens like I have to do his Zoo Med food. I just thought for some reason he would love the stuff. And yes I knew I could get it on line but when I want something, I don't like to wait. lol

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
So what I figured out is, if I put the Mazuri and the Zoo Med in the food processor along with all his greens and other stuff and chop it up fine, He goes crazy over it and eats it all. See! I am a good tortoise daddy! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.