Advice needed urgently please :( (puffy eyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evie

5 Year Member
Following my thread yesterday about my tortoise,Trevor, having puffy eyes, this morning I noticed that his eyes had a little gunky stuff in them, so I gave him a little bath and tried to clear it. It looks a little better but his left eye seems to have a bit still in it in the corner.
What do I do?
(The pictures are terrible)

Attachments

• torts 012.jpg
    torts 012.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 56
  • torts 010.jpg
    torts 010.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 48
  • torts 011.jpg
    torts 011.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 43

batchick

5 Year Member
RE: Advice needed urgently please :(

I'm afraid I can't help, but hopefully someone will be along soon. In the mean time, have you done a search on the forum to see what others have said in response to similar problems in the past? There's a mine of information there.

Evie

5 Year Member

Ok thannkyou, I will have a look

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA

A tortoise's eye problems are a secondary issue, they are a symptom of something else. The gunk is probably just build up.

bekdevine

5 Year Member
UK

Hiya, I had exactly the same problem a few months ago, I took mine along to me local vets and they gave me some ointment you just pop into their eyes 3 times a day and they said to keep it safe just incase in happens again. the ointment is Aureomycin, is yours rubbing its eyes? it may be that a little dust has gotten in there, its really common.

just had a look at your pics, looks like trevor has the same as mine did. dont panic just take him along to your vets as soon as you can. where are you in the world? if UK the best one near me was the surgery in my local Pets@home store. Trevor is cute, how old is he?

Evie

5 Year Member

Yes, he is constantly rubbing them!
Thankyou, I will try get some of that :)
Trevor is, I think, 18 months, not 100% sure though. Just a wild guess.
At our local pets at home there isn't a surgery, but I think there still is a reptile vet at our local vets though :)

bekdevine

5 Year Member
UK

he's about the same size as my 2, Stanley & Sally, they are approx 2 - 2 1/2, i've had them a year now and the breeder I got them from said they are 18 months but you can never tell if they are telling truth or not!

Evie

5 Year Member

Yer, our other one,Molly, is apparently 18 months and she is a little smaller so I reckon Trev is 2!
What sub-specie is Stanley and Sally?

Status
Not open for further replies.