Advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbird

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Coastal San Diego
I knew this day would come but it's coming at the worst possible time xD

My rescue CDT, Bogey (aka. "Bug") has outgrown her enclosure. Currently she resides indoors in a large cement mixing tub with a hide box & water bowl. We had a real fiasco with coconut coir earlier this year (we got a bad batch and ended up with horrible biting mites. We tried everything for almost four months before we finally evacuated the house and set off bug bombs, which still took two weeks to kill all the critters. -shudder-) after that, my OCD family very sternly mandated that we'd be sticking with paper.

Her diet is a 70/30 combination of dark mixed greens and lettuces and Mazuri, and she's been growing, though I didn't realize how much until I happened to peek over today to find her standing on her back legs with her head on the top edge of the tub peeking back at me (or more likely, looking for more greens...). :tort:

Panic time.

I'm fixing up something so at least she won't risk trying to climb out and hurting herself tomorrow while I'm at work, but I need to create a new enclosure, and fast. I was planning on moving her into the backyard but my dad put mulch in and sprayed pesticides there very thoroughly after it was taken over by brown widows this summer, so that option is out for at least the next six months or so until the chemicals have filtered out, and I was truly hoping that I'd be able to create a run and move her out there early next spring. And she shows no signs of slowing down to hibernate either

Status
Not open for further replies.