Alice the Russia tortiouse

Tortymama

Location (City and/or State)
Macon
Umm she will walk through he water dish I am keeping an eye on her water she doesn't seem to go in there and search her home for where she goes potty I just the repti bark. Umm the suggested spot cleaning I'm just not seeinghe poopy place want to keep her home clean. . Ant other ideas of where a new Russian in a new home will potty. In her home and not leave evedence of her pottying

L

LasTortugasNinja

soak her for 30 minutes in warm water at least every other day. She'll go in the warm water. Scoop out the poo as it happens, but don't assume she only has one in her... my tort usually has 3 tortoise tootsie rolls per 30 min soak.

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
soak her for 30 minutes in warm water at least every other day. She'll go in the warm water. Scoop out the poo as it happens, but don't assume she only has one in her... my tort usually has 3 tortoise tootsie rolls per 30 min soak.
Ohhhh great answer hahah. Wasn't sure what she asked.

KronksMom

Illinois
Once you have them all set up in an appropriately sized enclosure (you know, huge), and all the furniture's in there, and if it's like mine, they also have an entire dark side, in addition to the multiple hides.... If you were just searching the whole enclosure for poops, I can't imagine how you would ever be sure he/she is going regularly. ESPECIALLY if your enclosure is bioactive. Soaking is the only way we've found to be sure he really is pooping and peeing. I'm sure the bugs find more waste than we do, but by giving him a bath we can be sure he at least is processing food all the way through his system.

Tortymama

Macon
Ok I'm worried she had three blueberries band a half a strawberry before I knew she isn't supposed to have fruit am only giving her greens now

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Ok I'm worried she had three blueberries band a half a strawberry before I knew she isn't supposed to have fruit am only giving her greens now
Don't worry she'll be fine, it was one time so it's not much of a big deal.

Tortymama

Macon
With her being fed fruit before I got her takes her some time to eat greens but she eats quickly. How much should I feed her a day been doing it twice a day and she still looks for food am I not feeding her enough do you think

L

LasTortugasNinja

With her being fed fruit before I got her takes her some time to eat greens but she eats quickly. How much should I feed her a day been doing it twice a day and she still looks for food am I not feeding her enough do you think

Feed her as much as she'll eat. As long as there is a variety of weeds and greens, she'll be fine. She really won't over eat. Might want to look into ornamental grasses or some nettles to plant in a pot and put in the enclosure. As they grow over the edge of the pot, she can get some mental stimulation working out how to get to the food she wants. Just make sure the pot is study enough not to fall over. Don't want her eating fertilizer.

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
They won't overeat, so just keep refilling when she finishes the greens. Or just leave a huge heap of greens at the beginning of the day so she can snack all day.

Tortymama

Macon
Oh sorry where can I find the proper grasses and weed to plant andfloers. Can they eat dandy lion heads what types of flower do they eat also