.....and now the torturous waiting begins....

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
My new little RF and Cherryhead have been shipped. I'm looking at the tracking every 5 - 10 minutes. They should arrive tomorrow before noon. So excited to have my long awaited trio. I'll post pics once they're all settled in. :tort::tort::tort:

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
It's so exciting, isn't it? When you wake up tomorrow morning you will be smiling. :)

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
They arrived in Tampa, FL around 6am. I slept pretty well in spite of my excitement. :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Make sure the power pack in your camera are fully charged! ! LOL.

I'm also happy for you. Congratulations! ! !

mollydee

So exciting ! Can't wait for pics . I've been very interested & considering getting a redfoot so I'm obsessed with seeing others

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
mollydee said:
So exciting ! Can't wait for pics . I've been very interested & considering getting a redfoot so I'm obsessed with seeing others

I will definitely post pics. Redfoots rule! They are so sweet and I love their color variations. Do you have a place or places in mind that you're considering purchasing from? There are some wonderful breeders here on the forum. I purchased all 3 of mine at Tortoiseyard.com - Vicki has been wonderful to deal with.

mollydee

RedFootMom said:
mollydee said:

I will definitely post pics. Redfoots rule! They are so sweet and I love their color variations. Do you have a place or places in mind that you're considering purchasing from? There are some wonderful breeders here on the forum. I purchased all 3 of mine at Tortoiseyard.com - Vicki has been wonderful to deal with.

I just joined the forum yesterday and well let's just say I haven't done much of anything else since ! I spent a ton of time on the marketplace looking at lots of beautiful redfoots and other breeds . We've got a sulcata & a leopard now . Our next addition will either be a star or a redfoot . I like to get them as young as possible I enjoying seeing them start tiny and grow grow grow ! My dream is definitely to hatch some eggs someday ! I will check into that site - thanks for your insight ! We've gotten both of ours locally and the idea of shipping makes me very nervous . I'm sure it's safe and comfy for them but I'm still a little weary of the unknown .

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mollydee said:

Might try John at Tropical torts (last I knew he has an ad still in the for sale section) or for cherryheads there is nobody finer to work with then Allegra (plus talk about awesome cherryheads!)

RedFootMom said:
My new little RF and Cherryhead have been shipped. I'm looking at the tracking every 5 - 10 minutes. They should arrive tomorrow before noon. So excited to have my long awaited trio. I'll post pics once they're all settled in. :tort::tort::tort:

Boy is time going to be crawling for you! Just think, they are almost there!!!

abclements

5 Year Member
Re: RE: .....and now the torturous waiting begins....

RedFootMom said:

I hope your tort gets here soon! Really excited to see pictures!

My plan, when I have the space, is to got one from Jeff (N2TORTS), John (tropical tort), Alegra (alegraf), and Vicki. That way I'll have 5 different blood lines going. Just my 2 cents.

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
They're here. Yaaaay. Vicki did an awesome job packing them and they just had their first soak as Floridians :)
They are both resting and seem very healthy.
Now if I can convince Allegraf to sell me her gorgeous new bright red hatchling followed by convincing my husband to spend just a wee bit more on one of JD's Hypos my collection will be complete.
I'll post pics of the new babies once they've had time to acclimate.