Another noob here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camirdra

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WA
I live in WA state and I have 3 leopard torts, one (not sure if he?/she? is a babcocki or pardalis) I found crossing the street on Maui and 2 new pardalis pardalis babies I purchased from the wonderful Ben Awes! Cruizer (my street rescue lol) Had pyramiding when I found him 5 years ago but seems to be growing much better now. The babies I still haven't named, one of them had a funky shell when it hatched and the other looks perfect. I love them all and thought I would introduce them here.

Attachments

• tortslettucewall.jpg
    tortslettucewall.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 38
  • Cruizerandbabies.jpg
    Cruizerandbabies.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 43
  • tortshell.jpg
    tortshell.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 34

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Camirdra:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Wow, finding a leopard tortoise is quite unusual.

What would you like us to call you?

Camirdra

5 Year Member
WA
Hi Yvonne and Pam!
You guys can call me what every you like, but my name is Stacey ;)
It was a surprise finding him crawling around, it was in Kihei, a town in South Maui. They are not native to Maui but there are a few breeders there so Cruizer must have been an escapee! He has grown ALOT in the last 3 years and I'm still not sure about if he is a "he" or "she" Not that it matters, Cruizer is kinda a neutral name anyways. I had him shipped back to WA with me when I moved and he has grown to 11". I love my torts, I also have 2 Russians, both males, that I rescued from a lady that was keeping them in a shoebox and feeding them iceburg lettuce only! Now they all get to graze and eat mazuri tort diet. Thanks for the warm welcome! I love this site! It's informative AND fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.