New here, saying hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Hi to all ,

I'm Byron, a long term turtle/tortoise enthusiast (since 4yrs old)who lives in South Louisiana. I'm a father of five but only 29yrs of age lol. So obviously I love both my family and my turtles. I currently work with mainly box turtles and sulcata/leopard tortoises. I have at some point had almost all forms of turtles,, but have recently moved on to specialize in box turtles and South African leopard tortoises. I have four sulcatas, consisting of two breeding adults and two sub adult females. I also have six 4mnth old pardalis pardalis. My other group is my gulf coast box turtles that I've had since my youth. For decades I've hatched box turtles but this year was my first two clutches of sulcata eggs. I look forward to making some new friends here and sharing the knowledge I've acquired. Thanks!

Byron

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi! :D *waves* I look forward to seeing pictures of your box turtles. Of all the turtles and tortoises you have had, which one has been the one that stands out in your mind the most?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Hey Jacqui, thanks for the greeting

I've worked with box turtles(all types) but mainly tan gulf coast and threetoeds since I was 5, so 24 years of expertise. I got my first two sulcatas when I was 16 and made some mistakes unfortunately, but the group I have now is thriving and the cycle of life has taken place which is AWESOME.

I also have several species of water turtles which a friend is holding for me until I build my new house and set up my new inclosures. He is taking great care of them

I hatched three of the first eight sulcata eggs I had, since the rest were infertile, and now have a clutch of 15 I'm incubating. I wish I would have started with tortoises at a younger age, because I've become extremely fond of them. Not that I don't love my box turtles, but the tortoises have become my favorites to spend time with. So if a few years all of my sulcatas (one male three females) will be considered adults, and my six pardalis pardalis hatchlings will hopefully be becoming future giants! lol My sulcatas currently measure 17inch female, 13.5 Inch male, 11inch female, 9inch female ,,,,,, So again thanks for the greeting, I'm looking forward to becoming a common member on these forums

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi & Welcome!! Like everyone else I cannot wait to see pics! You also live in my dream climate for keeping torts!!!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
adultgroup.jpg
Shannon and Jason said:
Hi and welcome!!!! I can't wait to hear more on your assorted group of tortoises and turtles......and see pic :D

adultgroup.jpg
image4.jpegsonfemale.jpgmalefence.jpgwaterbabies.jpgsulcatababies.jpgegggroup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Hello Byron welcome to the forum :) if you don't know by now we would love to see some pic's :D

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
here are some pics, thanks everyone

Attachments

• sonfemale.jpg
    sonfemale.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 17
  • waterbabies.jpg
    waterbabies.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 22
  • sulcatababies.jpg
    sulcatababies.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 14
  • mamasulcata.jpg
    mamasulcata.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 15
  • malefence.jpg
    malefence.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 17
  • egggroup.jpg
    egggroup.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 16
  • daughterfemale.jpg
    daughterfemale.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 32
  • adultgroup.jpg
    adultgroup.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 59

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I tried twice to load some pictures, I hope they go through. Does it generally take awhile for pictures to post?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
diamondbp said:
I tried twice to load some pictures, I hope they go through. Does it generally take awhile for pictures to post?

The first five posts done by a new member must be approved by a Mod. When you made those posts no Mod happened to be on.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
babygroup.jpgI forgot to post this group pic of my youngsters

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone! It's true that tortoise loving people don't have a mean bone in their body, some of the friendliest people on Planet Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.