Any body have any name suggestions

AsaGarcia03

I need some name suggestions for a tiny sulcata and a big Russian and a leopard gecko I just can't think of any and sorry for all the new threads today.

ArcT

So far at the top of our list is "Kitty" for our juvenile sulcata. ;)

Nothing definitive yet though.

Tippiethetortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Galveston, Tx
Since Sulcatas are said to have the most personality of the torts, I'd wait and check out his/her personality first. It would be terrible to have a grumpy tort named happy or a fast tort named sloth, etc. OR you can pick an ambiguous name, like torti, sully, etc.

W Shaw

Got any boys? I like Aidan or Conor for a boy, but I've never met them, so it would be hard for me to know what name suits them. One of my favorite names for a girl is Roisín ("Little Rose") but it might not suit any of your babies.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have to name them for physical features so I can tell them apart. I have a Brownie, Blondie, Lumpy, Peg, Bumpy, Splits, Zigzag, and others named for their features.

M

Maggie Cummings

I have to name them for physical features so I can tell them apart. I have a Brownie, Blondie, Lumpy, Peg, Bumpy, Splits, Zigzag, and others named for their features.

Lumpy, ya always gotta love a 'Lumpy"!

AZSid

We have a household wide theme with our animals: Our dogs are Ruger, (Stryker) Tank, and Liberty (a suppressor brand) who happens to be deaf. The guinea pigs are Beretta, Winnie (Winchester), and Cali (Caliber). So the tort got Remington. Then there's the snake. Peaches. Couldn't tell ya what happened with that one.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
for tortoises such as this I like names that belie their eventual big size such as tiny shrimp peewee and the like

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
for tortoises such as this I like names that belie their eventual big size such as tiny shrimp peewee and the like
Yea that is always good, I just sold a Large Male 32inches approaching 200lbs, His name was Tiny.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Don't pick a gender specific name. I named my rabbit Pansy and it turned out to be a boy. Charlie, our sulcata, is male but the name would have worked if he turned out to be female.

I agree with dmmj about names that are ironic. I had a friend who named her snake Fluffy. Our neighbor's cat was named Cupcake.

cassieopia

5 Year Member
Central Arkansas, Zone 3
We have a household wide theme with our animals: Our dogs are Ruger, (Stryker) Tank, and Liberty (a suppressor brand) who happens to be deaf. The guinea pigs are Beretta, Winnie (Winchester), and Cali (Caliber). So the tort got Remington. Then there's the snake. Peaches. Couldn't tell ya what happened with that one.
We have a theme, too- with a one off, lol! Danes Krystal Kaos, Kronos Konnor and Kiyon Kalypso, a Jack Russell named Kratos Krayon (thank you 5 year old) and our sulcata is Kronk. Our one off is a red eared slider named Mr T (urtle).

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I have no say in naming pets. This is my children's domain. They named our RF Shellie for her cute shell and Cherryhead was named Tucker- he's the shy one, tucks his head in all the time when scared. Shellie is bold, always out there, not a worry in a world. I'll tell you though I'm terrible with names, and so glad my children do it now, any name is really ok as long as I don't have to pick it