Aspen bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have had my little girl for about 9 days and when I got her they had her on aspen bedding. She does sometime eat it and havent seen a problem with her passing it, I was wondering how deep the substrate should be. She tends to dig all the way to the bottom of her enclosure and lays on the glass. I have a log house in with her but I have yet to see her go in it. Should I change the substrate or just add more so she can dig in some more

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
i would not using aspen for substrate, sulcata need high humidity. so you need a substrate that you can wet down every few days to keep humidity high (around 80-85%). So it would be a good idea to switch to cypress mulch or coco coir or soil.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Ok thank you. Is it just the regular cypress mulch you get from home depot or is there something cleaner?

Also how deep should I make it

y4433264336

5 Year Member
Maryland
jesst said:
Ok thank you. Is it just the regular cypress mulch you get from home depot or is there something cleaner?

Also how deep should I make it

i got mine from the Petsmart.. and mines about 2 inches deep. sulcata dig only when theres low humidity, so change the substrate and get more humid.. good luck
check this out
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752444

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The cypress mulch at Home Depot is fine, and probably cheaper.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Thank you. I will change it out as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.